At Digital Agency Hallelujah we want to change the way people interact with businesses through digital experiences.
As part of out growing team, we are looking for a talented Back-End Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, the definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
1. Must Have skills / screening criteria:
• Fluency in English: spoken and written (B2+ upwards till C2).
• Italian Laurea Magistrale or Master / Bachelor’s Degree fully recognized by the Italian Law as equivalent.
• Strong personal ambitions and competitiveness.
2. Core Skills
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Implementation of security and data protection.
• Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS.
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance, depending on specific projects.
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers and environments.
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
• Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
• Data migration, transformation and scripting.
• Setup and administration of backups.
• Outputting data in different formats.
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms – such as mobile vs desktop – and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
• Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
3. Soft Skills, nice to have.
• Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy.
• Good communication around issues and opportunities – Get things done, make things happen.
• Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with team.
• Coaching skill – Must be able to effectively coach team members.
• Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches.
• Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
• Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization.
• Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust.
• Competitive compensation.
• Full time employment contract.
• Valuable equity in a growing company.
• Work with a team of top technologists.
• Collaborative, positive office culture.
• Healthy work/life balance.
• Awesome growth opportunity.
Candidates need to be able to work in Milan.
Interested applicants should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org